Talcott Franklin P.C. was founded on — and remains true to — a model different than most firms. The principles to which we adhere are simple, and in this order of priority: Enjoy Work. Do work that benefits society and advances the ball for our clients. Hopefully, make some money. Every new matter, every new client, every new lawyer and every new initiative is evaluated based on these principles.
- We are not all things to all people. We find niches, learn them better than anyone else, and leverage our experience. We do not take matters outside our core competence. As a result, we are able to work more efficiently than other firms.
- We believe in every matter we take. We only take on cases we believe in. We don’t compromise our values. Our passion for the values we share with our clients is reflected in our work.
- No associates. We have dispensed with the time-consuming exercise of supervising and training associates. We partner only with experienced professionals. Our professionals have all worked in house or in government, in addition to private law firm practice.
- Flexible and Guaranteed Fees. We guarantee reasonable fees, and we offer the flexibility of a billing arrangement that is mutually beneficial to our clients. If our clients don’t like an invoice they receive, we send them a new invoice that meets their expectations. No questions asked.
- Diversity. We are committed to a Firm culture that promotes full and equal participation across the board. Diversity is important to us, and we understand how important it is to those with whom we work. We are proud to be a Majority Women Owned Law Firm. An expert in gender studies examined the firm’s practices, procedures, pay and structure. Her conclusion? The firm “is a field leader in gender equality.”
Savor the Journey
In many environments, law is a business and not a profession. The work is not necessarily enjoyable; it is simply a means to an end. Many lawyers working in that model find themselves either seeking satisfaction through a spend-and-consume lifestyle or by lacking the time to enjoy the fruits of their labor. We turn those models on their heads: the work is enjoyable; it is an end in itself. And we hope that maybe, just maybe, we’ll make some money along the way. Join us in savoring the journey.
- Transparent and fair compensation. Those who perform the work for our clients are generously compensated based on their performance. Attorneys without their own book of business are not exploited. Firm revenue and attribution is formula-based, entirety transparent, and fully comprehensible.
- Work from home. Because our firm consists of only experienced professionals, over-the-shoulder supervision is not required. Many of our professionals work from home – a solution that is better for the environment and eliminates the commute. It also allows our professionals to share precious and sometimes unexpected moments with their families.
- Collaboration. Because of the Firm’s structure and compensation formula, our attorneys enjoy, and our clients benefit from, a collaboration generally unmatched by other firms.