TFPC's policyholder coverage litigation attorneys have experience with numerous insurance policy forms. We have the expertise to provide coverage analyses and pursue recoveries in the face of any third-party liability claims, including product liability, toxic tort, environmental liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, professional services and errors and omissions liability, commercial disputes, patent, copyright and trademark claims, and cyber-related losses. We also assist clients with the preparation and submission of first-party claims and securing recovery of losses resulting from theft, property damage and business interruption under applicable policies.
- Achieved favorable settlement for subprime lender in connection with claims against its E&O insurer to obtain millions of dollars of coverage for a claim of “unfair” lending practices
- Obtained judgment on behalf of insured in broker malpractice litigation involving marine inland and commercial general liability policies
- Obtained ruling requiring insurer to advance defense expenses under D&O policy for both covered and excluded claims against the insured
- In the wake of Hurricane Harvey and other natural disasters, prepared coverage analyses for businesses seeking to recover business interruption and property damage losses, and worked directly with insurers to assist in clients’ recovery efforts
- Achieved favorable settlement for homeowners’ association board of directors in connection with claims against its management liability insurer to obtain coverage for claims against the board alleging breaches of fiduciary duty, despite policy’s property damage exclusion
- Advising insured minority investor in corporation in connection with potential avenues of recovery under various policies to obtain coverage for third-party claims alleging business disparagement and related wrongful acts
For More Information
We welcome you to contact TFPC or more information about our policyholder coverage litigation practice.