Licensed in VA
Alexander Boone brings valuable and practical real estate expertise in both law and business to the firm. Alexander served as President and General Counsel of Boone Homes, Inc. and its affiliates, a group of diversified real estate companies in Virginia involved in residential and commercial real estate development, homebuilding, residential and commercial brokerage, and mortgage lending and title insurance. He additionally practiced real estate law with a national business law firm based in Virginia, with a focus on the acquisition, disposition, financing, leasing and management of commercial, retail and residential real estate. As part of his law practice, Alexander also worked extensively in mergers and acquisitions of businesses. In 2004, he led the sale and integration of Boone & Company, one of the largest real estate brokerage companies in Virginia, into Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc., the largest private held real estate brokerage in the United States. Alexander joined Talcott Franklin P.C. in January 2011.
Alexander’s executive and operational experience in real estate brings practical knowledge to the firm’s expertise in mortgage backed securities litigation and counsel. Working with real estate finance on a daily basis, he has first-hand experience with many of the issues facing investors and servicers of mortgage backed securities as well as residential and commercial lenders.
Among other affiliations, Alexander serves on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Carilion Clinic, a billion dollar a year integrated health clinic. He is admitted to practice law in Virginia and is a licensed Virginia real estate broker and passed the Virginia examination for a Class A Contractor’s License.
Professional Licensing and Affiliations
- Virginia State Bar, 1995 - present
Real Estate Section
Corporate Law Section
- Real Estate Salesperson, Virginia, 2000-2007
- Real Estate Broker, Virginia, 2007 - present
- Class A Contractor, Designated Person, Boone Homes, Inc., Virginia Contractors’ Board, 2008 - present
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, J.D., 1995
Phi Delta Phi
- University of Virginia, B.A., with distinction, 1992
History, with concentration in Business History
- Talcott Franklin P.C., Dallas, Texas, November 2010 - present
- Boone Homes, Inc., Roanoke/Richmond, Virginia
President, General Counsel and Director, May 2007 - present
Vice President, January 2002 - May 2007
- Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc., Roanoke, Virginia, November 2004 - May 2006
- Boone & Company, Roanoke, Virginia, August 2000 - November 2004
- Flippin, Densmore, Morse & Jessee, P.C. (firm merged with LeClairRyan), Attorney at Law, March 1997 - August 2000
- The Center for Employment Law, P.C., Attorney at Law, February 1996 - March 1997
- Parvin, Wilson & Barnett, P.C., September 1995 - February 1996
- Boone Homes, Inc., Director, 2002 - present
- Carilion Clinic, Roanoke, Virginia
$1 Billion+ integrated health care company, including hospitals, 600+ physicians and related support services headquartered in Roanoke.
Executive Committee, January 2007 - present
Director, January 2004 - present
Current Committees: Compensation, Audit, Nomination, Finance
- Carilion Labs, Inc., Director, January 2006 - 2010 (company merged with private equity backed partner)
- Roanoke Valley Business Council, Director, June 2010 - present
- Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce, January 2005 - 2007
- United Way of Roanoke Valley, Inc.
Director, Executive Committee, 1996 - 2003; 2007 - 2010
Treasurer, 1997 - 2003